Elder Care -- Geriatric Care Manager
North Star Elder Care, a division of MLHCC, provides services to the elderly and assists with care coordination, assessment, planning, and more.
To learn about our services at North Star Elder Care
The Aging Life Care Association defines a Geriatric Care Manager as a health and human services specialist who helps families who are caring for older relatives. The Geriatric Care Manager is trained and experienced in any of several fields related to care management including but not limited to nursing gerontology, social work, or psychology, with a specialized focus on issues related to aging and elder care.
- Conduct initial care plan assessment to identify current status and problems or areas of concern
- Develop personalized care plan based on initial assessment, and assist with putting the care plan in place
- Provide consumer education, resources, and advocacy
- Act as a “surrogate daughter” to help families at a distance with the coordination of care of their loved ones, and keep them informed of care needs, problems, or change in status.
- Assist with finding healthcare providers and other resources specializing in geriatric care