North Star Elder Care, a division of MLHCC, provides services to the elderly and assists with care coordination, assessment, planning, and more.Click Here To Learn About Our Services at North Star Elder Care
The National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers(NAPGCM) defines a Geriatric Care Manager as a health and human services specialist who helps families who are caring for older relatives. The Geriatric Care Manager is trained and experienced in any of several fields related to care management, including, but not limited to nursing, gerontology, social work, or psychology, with a specialized focus on issues related to aging and elder care.
- Conduct initial care plan assessment to identify current status and problems or areas of concern.
- Develop personalized care plan based on initial assessment, and assist with putting the care plan in place.
- Provide consumer education, resources and advocacy.
- Act as a “surrogate daughter” to help families at a distance with the coordination of care of their loved ones, and keep them informed of care needs, problems or change in status.
- Assist with finding healthcare providers and other resources as needed specialized in geriatric care.